LCL completes its acquisition
of Universal Freight Forwarders
Mar 23, 2009 12:08 PM
LCL has completed its acquisition of Universal Freight Forwarders Ltd. (UFF), headquartered in Seattle WA. The firm acquired 80 percent of UFF in 2003 and purchased the remaining 20 percent in 2005. Once it was fully acquired, LCL began the transition of UFF into one of its 27 offices worldwide. As part of the acquisition agreement, former UFF owner and executive director Susi Harris will stay on as a consultant to LCL to assist in transition.
Established in 2001 by Stockholm, Sweden-based Lauritzen Cool, LCL provides global supply chain systems in the time-sensitive cargo and perishable products sectors. The acquisition of UFF means that its fruit-producing customers in eastern Washington, California, and other regions of the United States are now linked to the customized, multimodal and multidestination, door-to-door logistic services provided by LCL.
LCL is a specialized logistics subsidiary of refrigerator vessel operator NYKCool. The company provides logistical services for perishables and refrigerated cargo.
© 2013 Penton Media Inc.